So you’ve created a dynamic, shareable video.
An effective distribution plan is just as important as creating a video that reflects your brand and product/services. Supercharge your video marketing results with a strategic plan for distributing your video so that it goes viral – and increases leads and conversions.
Sure, you can create a video and host it on your website, and hope that someone sees it.
Or, you can double-down on your investment and create a strategic plan for distributing the video and getting noticed. After all, why waste marketing dollars creating a video that no one will see? If you don’t also implement a plan for spreading awareness about the video, you won’t drive leads back to your site where they can proceed to the next step of the sales funnel.
Simply put, distributing the video content will drive interest, increase awareness and get leads engaged with your brand. Here are some of the distribution tools worth considering:
When emails contain videos, they get a huge increase in click-through rates. Fifty-five percent to be exact. That’s a huge return on investment. Use some of these tips to create your email video strategy.
- Write a subject line that includes the word “video” so readers know to click-through and watch the content.
- In the email preview, include a thumbnail image for readers that hyperlinks to the website or landing page that hosts the video. (Don’t forget to optimize your web page or landing page so that the video’s message continues to promote its message.)
- Try split-testing the email. Create two emails with different thumbnail images or subject lines, and see which one readers prefer. Or try using different copy to land upon the best content to showcase your brand.
- Always include a call to action that specifically direct readers to watch the video. Keep it simple, and use direct phrases like “watch it now.”
Businesses are wise to promote video content on social media, as videos drive user engagement on platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. In fact, video marketing results are impressive, with videos scoring 1200 percent more shares than text and links get – combined. Here’s how to tackle a video marketing campaign on social media:
- Choose the most successful platforms that attract your target audience.
- Don’t use a cookie-cutter approach. Optimize your plan for each platform. Consider how to best promote the video according to your audience on each social media platform.
- Always distribute video content on shareable channels, and be sure the content is engaging and clearly directs viewers with clear calls to action.
- Analyze data such as views, engagement and clicks to understand which platforms are best suited for video content to drive even better video marketing results.
Don’t forget to include your business blog in the video marketing campaign. Here’s how:
- Post shorter videos on your blog to direct traffic to larger, more significant campaign assets.
- Increase engagement on the blog by embedding the full video on the site.
- Always include “video” in the headline so readers are aware of the asset.
With an effective distribution plan, you can drive video marketing results through the roof. The right marketing push can help you achieve the significant success that video content ensures. But do it right. First, identify your audience and their preferences. Create an engaging video that expresses your brand and your message. Then, launch your campaign with a series of emails, social media posts and blogs that get the word out about the video. With the hard work done, you and your team can wait for the results to roll in, and have fun looking at the marketing data that can inform future successful video campaigns.