Do you frequently turn to the internet for marketing advice? Separating the experts from the fluff is no small feat.
You can find great advice to help your small business succeed with marketing, but it may seem like you’re trying to find a needle in a haystack.
“There’s a lot of junk out there,” according to NewsCred. And it’s “coming from people who, quite frankly, don’t know what they’re talking about.”
Sure, you can gain a lot of insights from following the big guns, like Forbes. For instance, Forbes highlights the huge potential that content marketing has and recommends investing in visual content, split testing, curating on social, and measuring returns.
With this advice, businesses can overcome the obstacle that’s stopping them from content success: execution. In fact, only 32 percent of companies executing a plan believe they’re accomplishing their goals. That’s abysmal results, considering that 82 percent of B2C and 95 percent of B2B companies are employing a content marketing approach.
It all comes back to sound marketing strategies, which you can glean from savvy online marketers.
Here’s a review of the best marketing blogs advising small businesses on effective marketing tactics to use in 2016:
- Snarketing 2.0 – A blog by on Shevlin, a well-known and respected marketing expert.
- QuickSprout – You’ll want to follow Neil Patel, a prolific marketing and entrepreneur expert who also founded Crazy Egg, KISSmetrics and Hello Bar.
- MailChimp – Yes, this is an email marketing platform, but their blog is a veritable encyclopedia of up-to-date effective email marketing tactics.
- Occam’s Razor – This is the place to be if you want to gain knowledge about marketing technology.
- LKR Social Media – A resource for small businesses looking to boost their social media results.
- Social Triggers – If there’s one blog you need to read to understand your customers, it’s this one. All about the psychology of buying and selling.
- The Writer – Go to this popular blog if you want to improve your writing.
- Six Pixels of Separation – This blog advises on all things content marketing, as it relates to other functions, such as advertising, PR and promotions. It offers great insights on how each aspect marketing fits into the larger picture.
- Buffer – Another social media blog, Buffer is fun to read and offers lots of useful “how-to” tips for the newbie and advanced alike.
- Duct Tape Marketing – Small businesses and startups flock to this blog for practical marketing tips. It’s even applicable to agencies.
- MarketingProfs – Ann Hadley heads up this team of marketing experts who contribute to its content marketing blog.
- Danny Brown’s Blog – Need inspiration to start a professional blog? Look no further. Brown is a master at showing readers how to apply marketing concepts to real-life situations.
- Unbounce Blog – Get sage advice about getting more traffic to stick to your site and convert leads.
- Content Marketing Institute – One of the leaders in content marketing, the Joe Pulizzi-created brand hosts the largest content marketing event and is a leader in all things content marketing.
- Moz – Hands-down, Moz is the place to go if you need to know about SEO for both creative and technical marketers.
- Marketo – Offering insights about automation, content marketing, email marketing, modern marketing and social media, the Marketo blog is fun, practical yet insightful.
There’s no need to go it alone when it comes to your business’ marketing. Take advantage of the useful insights available on the internet. Just be sure to go to the right sources.