Webinars are a proven inbound marketing tool. Small businesses and large corporations alike are using Webinars for strategic lead generation. Google Plus hangouts are taking over small meetings in the Webinar arena. Like Webinars, they can be prescheduled and supported by a promotional campaign to drive awareness and interest. Hangouts bring your conversation to life for you and up to nine guests. Even though only ten participants are allowed, many more can watch the hangout, and you can use the limited seating in your favor by driving urgency with registration.
Want to bring the benefits of Google Hangouts to your business? Here are a few more benefits.
- Bring your audience to your businessJust like a Webinar, the Google Hangout brings your audience to you. Entice them to visit with creative content. Focus on content that is most interesting for your audience such as offering a free training, showing a how-to demonstration, sharing your business expertise, or interviewing an industry expert.
- Take advantage of the hangout marketing powerSome of the key features include screen sharing, allowing guests to watch or participate with their webcam. Hangouts offer added marketing value because they can be recorded and shared on your YouTube channel, embedded in a webpage or blog post, or sent with an interactive email campaign.
- Collaborate with your industry partnersAdd even more value to your content by aligning with industry partners and hosting a joint Hangout. By partnering with others to host a hangout you gain the benefit of reaching their audience too.
- Create a customer service portalUse a Hangout to answer frequently asked questions by customers. If you are planning a product or service launch, set up a hangout to answer any new questions about the product. Google Plus itself uses this model.
- Host a press conferenceSupport your next business announcement with an online press conference and bring the media to your door. While only nine people can participate in a Hangout, many more are able to watch. The Hangout On Air feature allows you to record the conference and share it across your other digital channels.
- Create your own Industry Video ShowShowcase your industry expertise by using the Hangout platform to host an ongoing video show. The Hangouts On Air feature allows Hangout hosts to record the proceedings publish to YouTube. It’s a creative and inexpensive way for businesses to host and publish a video show or vlog.
Google is one of the most forward-thinking companies of this era, so we can expect to see many more features and enhancement of this marketing channel in the months ahead.